Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock Sliders

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    looks great
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Wow, those are the best pictures i've seen yet that show how much wider the 4xG sliders are. That's a very solid product right there!

Senior Member Getting Dirty Doc in AZ's Avatar
    here's my two cents... lol

i just saw a set of the 4x sliders today, i have always liked how they were a formed piece and had a very stock look to them, but... they only rivet inside the door sill & they are just aluminum rivets at that. i think riv-nuts would be a much stronger alternative.

as for our sliders, if you have ever taken off the plastic below the doors you have seen it's all angled under there. these sit against the sheet metal at a 17* angle as jon mentioned before, then the nerf bars end up coming straight out parallel to the ground. they go just far enough below the pinch seam to protect it but still allow for plenty of ground clearance. they are bolt on, and there are a lot of bolts to make sure it's rock solid. i can build them with or without the nerf bars, your choice. it looks like price point will be about $500 plus shipping. they will be shipping out raw, paint is up to you.

on a side note, if you guys have sliders like the 4X and would like to add nerf bars we make just those and you can weld them on yourself.

Stone Soup Metal Works, L.L.C.
    623.939.WELD
    5037 N. 54th Ave - Suite #5 85301
    Residential - Commercial - Automotive
    See our work on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Thats a cool tool you have there...

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    So $500.00 with the nerf bars? or would there be a reduced cost without them. I think they look great, any way to make the slider flat and the nerf bar angled up? Just wanting to know if they are built to order or how this will work. Been in the market for these since I got the Jeep and I really like these.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Senior Member Getting Dirty Doc in AZ's Avatar
    if i make them flat you will have the same problem as the sliders we replaced... they have no support at the outter edge and once you hit something it will bend upward and tweak the body panels. without the nerf bars it would be about $400. they will be built to order, we typically have about a 4-6 week lead for appointments to do your build. i hate to beat a dead horse here, but if you guys can get together on this, or anything i build, i'll get you a better price if we can do a run of at least 5 items, 10 would be better for all of us for both price and production ease.
    Stone Soup Metal Works, L.L.C.
    623.939.WELD
    5037 N. 54th Ave - Suite #5 85301
    Residential - Commercial - Automotive
    See our work on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Thats a cool tool you have there...

Hey that sounds great. I was thinking that the angle would deflect any object to the far edge of nerf bar and that would leverage the most force. Sounds like you know much better than myself, I am going to start a group buy thread for this.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, how is the mounting different from the other brand ? How is it supported directly under the outer rocker. In teh last pic, it looks as though the square tube is cocked at an angle. Is it ? I would like it to be straight and level. I havent seen the 4X parts in person but I like the look. My concern is the way they mount and having any strength. I also dont like having the screws ( or rivets - WTF ? ) in my door jamb.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

From what he was saying above, I guess to mount them flat makes them weaker. Maybe if Doc posts pics of the mounting it will make more sense. I have never seen sliders that were angled like that unless someone was Boatsiding the rockers. If they work then awesome, everything else about them looks good to me.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    The angle thing threw me for a loop as well. But Doc knows his stuff so if its like that its like that for a reasons I'm sure.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty XK N00b's Avatar
    I was in Doc's shop this morning and seeing the angle in person make sense. The underside of the XK under the doors is not flat/level/parallel to the ground. It angles upward to the doors. Doc's sliders look very solid and would mount flat to the bottom of the XK matching the factory body angle. Then the 17* degree angle is on the nerf bar itself so when installed the nerf sits flat and parallel to the ground. I really like Doc's sliders but they were not attached to Jon's XK when I was there so I couldn't tell you how they mounted to the XK itself
    2008 Overland in Black
    Loaded, Leather, 5.7 Hemi QDII,
    All 3 MOPAR Skids, VEC, Tow Pkg., 2" Rough Country Lift, 1 1/4" Spidertrax spacers, 255/75/17 BFG M/T's, Flowmaster 50 series muffler

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information