Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Made it to the hospital... JUST in time!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

Made it to the hospital... JUST in time!

Parked at 8:30 AM.... and at 8:38 AM my little girl (Grace Olivia) was born!!

To make my day even more crazy, my 20 month old son is sick... he can't keep down any food or drink. So after my looooong morning/afternoon, i came home around 5:00 to take care of him. Poor dude was exhausted and puked up his pedialite on my 3 times. Put him to bed about an hour ago; hopefully he can keep more liquid down once we wakes up

Add another twist to the story... my sister is getting married tomorrow. So either my son is going to get better (hoping 24 hr bug) and we'll have a fun/busy day... or it'll be more of the same and i'll just have a straight up busy day.
    Last edited by Matt; 07-12-2011 at 05:08 AM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    Congratulations. Take care of your little boy also. I remember him in the picture you posted
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Thanks. And yeah... the boy is my #1 priority right now. Just got off the phone with my wife and her and the baby are doing great. So if JT doesn't feel better in the morning i'll be hanging here with him and will try to get to the hospital while he naps (my in-laws are coming over).

He doesnt have a fever or any other symptoms... so i'm hoping it was just some sour milk or something this morning that turned his stomach upside down and he has a quick. Number one concern right now is dehydration.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Congrats on the new lil one Sir. Sorry about your lil one, hope he feels better soon.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Congratulations bro the second one always comes out faster then the first LOL. Just keep giving the little guy fluids even if he keeps giving it back hope he feels better and you have a good day.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    Cigar for the newer dad! Congrats!

Thanks guys!

quick update on my boy.... so far so good (knock on wood). My little guy woke up at 1:30 and was thirsty/hungry. He put down almost 2 full "juice cups" worth of pedialite, ate two gummy vitamins and some kids "puffs". By 2:00 we were in my room reading some books... and he passed out again around 2:15. I kept him sleeping on me so he'd be more "upright", didn't want to lay him down with a semi full stomach. 3:00 i put him in his bed. And now, im watching him like a hawk... i'll try going to bed around 4:00

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Glad things are working out when there appetite comes back there usually good.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Kids, ya just can't eat em.... My son has been a hand full since we brought him home.
    Sick, troubles, man.....parents put up with a LOT of stuff. I look back and think how did they (my folks) do it.
    I know those days...and nights when you have to sit up with them sick, hospitals, wow.

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Congrats Man!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information