Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CB Questions

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I also have the Cobra 75wxst. I like the weather radio option it has as well. I just wish I could make it monitor for alerts while in CB mode...

For the Antenna, I have the Firestik Firefly 3' on a fender mount with a spring so it's less likely to get taken out by a branch in the woods. The best SWR I have been able to get is about 1.2-1.3, but it still seems to work pretty well. I might try a 4' antenna one of these days to see if I can get a better swr.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    My 4' Flexible Antenna

Cajun's Mount

Cable Run

My Whip Antenna

Tucked for Travel

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    Don I always wonder how you dumped the bodies, now I know. Wish you were coming this year.

Sorry for the derail. Back on track.

I have a Realistic and a magnetic mount ant. Works great for group rides and thats about it. In my YJ I have a modified Uniden that peaks at 30watts during transmission and its couple to a 4ft Firestik. Everytime I talk while its keyed my engine runs rough. Think I have some rf issues?

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    Alright, If we are gonna show off our antenna's, We had twin antenna's on our Huey's up front and a long zig zag antenna that ran back on the tail boom for a radio that could probably call back to the world. The twin antenna's up front were for FM and were also used for direction finding to home in on a transmitter. BTW, I usually have a spare magnetic antenna in the back with my stash.

2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information