Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For my 3.7L homies....

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Time for a new Commander....you don't need a house anyway!

I opted to trade in the 2006 4.7 for the 2010 5.7 and have no regrets, bigger payment but what the hell. You cant wipe the smile off your face the first time you stomp on the gas. I do spend less on gas in the 2010..............
    Old: 2006 Base, 4.7L, QT-II
    New: 2010 Sport, 5.7L, QT-II, Front Tow Hooks, Tow Package and 7 pin Mopar Harness ( Spliced 4 pin into harness), Mopar Skid Plates

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Thats right join the dark side, the Hemi Side lol.
    I do have to say I do love the power & the note from the exhaust it is killer.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Hell, if i had the money i'd seriously consider trading in my 07 XK for a 2010 just because its the last model year...

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    My commander has so much of my bIood, We are related! I couldn't trade it in.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    I would if the car note would stay the same.........but it won't so I'm stuck.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

I e-mailed Hypertech with some questions and let them know about my experience with tech support........ Here is their response...

"Caleb

I’m sorry about the confusion must have been a miss understanding on the model year. We all use the same source to find out which products we have available for the different model years, makes and engines. We just recently started supporting the 3.7 liter with our Programmers. We support the 2007 and newer only at this time.
    Now we do support the 2006 Jeep Commander with the 3.7 with our Speedometer Calibrator part# 752001. This unit calibrates the speedometer only for tire and/or rear axle changes. Maybe the tech mentioned this so you’d know in case that would help.
    The vehicle computer calibrations and VIN are different each year and the Programmer 52001 is not programmed to recognize the 2006 model. I recommend going to our website using this link to enter a product request, http://209.12.144.7/requests.php. We use this list to determine the vehicles we support plus you’ll be notified once available. Thanks

Jim"

I did the product request in the link they provided, hopefully if enough owners would do the same we will get a programmer made for us '06ers.
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Spoke to Jet Chips and their programmer will work in our 3.7s.................with a wopping +12hp and +10lbs torque for stage 1..........+17 hp and +13lbs torque for stage 2. I don't see that as a good deal considering the price tag of $250-$300 (depending on where you shop). The cheapest price I found was $228, which makes it out to be $19 per HP for stage 1. Not worth the while in my opinion, plus Jet Chips has some bad reviews on-line.

SO, I ordered the Hypertech speedometer calibrator to correct my tire size issue and hopefully it will correct my "hunting" for gears while on the highway. I will post up in my garage when I recieve it and install it.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Any news?
    2010 Black WK, Tint and Only 1.5" spidertrax spacer so far waiting on the OME HD lift

http://www.DJ-CZ.co (just a hobby)

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyZ View Post
    Any news?

if you are talking about the speedometer calibrator, here you go------> Hypertech Speedometer

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information