So i have an interesting dilemma on my hands...

While changing all of the fluids in my wifes KK, I found that the specified fluid capacity was MUCH less than what it takes to come out the fill hole. Specified capacity is 1.9 quarts but it took almost double that to get the fluid to come out of the fill hole. Note that the owners manual does state to fill until fluid comes out the fill hole... which is almost DOUBLE the specified capacity. Even alldata states that the fluid capacity is 1.9 quarts but to "fill until at the bottom of the fill plug".

So while im dealing with this, trying to get a solid answer of how much fluid is actually supposed to be in there, i thought to myself.... what about our XK???

The NV245 also calls for 3.8 pints (~1.9 quarts). When i did my XK tcase fluid i just pumped in 2 quarts, nothing came out the fill plug but i didn't think anything of it. Well, i checked my 2007 XK Service Manual and sure enough it says that we're supposed to fill to the bottom for the fill plug....

Has anyone filled their T-Case per the service manual? How much fluid did it take? I'm wondering if i have the same issue with my XK as i do with my wifes KK....