Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
I do see what your saying, I have my hi-lift jack attached to the side of it. That along with the rack equals out I feel.
Ah yeah.. good point. High lift on one side and a shovel or something on the other would even it out quite a bit. The majority of my use will be for sports and/or family trips, so that's another reason id like to optimize the width.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinWK View Post
I don't know how many of you get the 4wheelparts magazine issue. I followed this one article in the June 2011 article and it is a SICK roof rack that was custom made by the XXXpedition team. Granted this is on an JK. BUT, i'm sure something similar, or even better, could easily be made for the WK/XK - since we have a stiffer more sturdy frame above. Check THIS link to see the rack i'm talking - thing is ridiculous.
Doc can pretty much fab up anything we want. That's why my #1 option right now is to have him make me a roof rack to size. I'm fairly certain that his roof racks are more sturdy than our XK's roof is anyways, lol. I'll definitely be using a triple crossbar installation regardless of which rack I go with, but especially with Doc's.

On another note, my friend works at a bike shop... happens to be a Yakima dealer as well. So he's going to get some prices for me. There are some other reasons I like the Yakima, but not really offroad reasons. It comes with accessory crossbars for mounting any of their attachments on to... so i'd be able to throw a fork mounted bike carrier up there (when I ride, im usually meeting people... so its kind of annoying to throw my Thule Revolver in the hitch every time for carrying 1 bike..)