Thread: Peacock Rd Tree Farm - Laingsburg Mi

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar

Peacock Rd Tree Farm - Laingsburg Mi

My hat is off to the great folks at the Peacock Road Tree Farm in Laingsburg Mi and the Michigan Posse.

My family's first campout in our PUP. We had a blast, but it didnt start out too well.

We started out about an hour late and then had to go back and get something....ok no biggy...

As we were traveling down the road, started looking like rain. Uh Oh, better cover the stuff on the roof.

Pulled over and got a big sheet of plastic out of the PUP, covered it. About 20 minutes, someone pulled up

beside me making hand gestures. Pull over.....PUP step is down. Hmm where's the keys? I'll look later.

Closed the latch, took off.

Drove 30 minutes pulled into the rest area. Where's those key's?

Just pulled out of the rest area, boom! Slide....Tire blows out. Pull off the road, just past a bridge and of
    course, it starts pouring rain. By the time it started pouring, most of the change was done. I am glad I
    had a spare, but wish I had put air in it. One of the things I took out to make room was of course, the
    aircompressor. Well, I have 60 of the 90 required pressure so I motored a mile to the next exit and air up.

On to Toledo to drop in and see in laws. We are more than 2 hours late now and I need
    a new spare.

We get dinner, went and found a new spare, but the keys for the PUP door, nowhere to
    be found. I am guessing I left them in the door when it went down. I got a drill and
    drilled out the the lock.

When the door was down, and I lost the keys, one of my shoes fell out as well.
    Now we left toledo 4 hours later than expected. I checked the GPS and it says we have
    2 more hours to go. This does not add up to the travel time on Google maps. We
    would'nt get there before 11:30. At this point, I surrendered. Better to get a fresh start
    in the morning.

Saturday morning, we made the drive in without further incident. We had a blast.

On the way home, we lost a cooler, 1 flipflop, soaked the carpet, but I found my lost tennis shoe on the road!!!

No keys.

We had a blast!
    Last edited by cico7; 07-26-2011 at 07:36 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    LMAO that's funny bro. In my experience trips like that are the ones that you will remember the most and relive the experience telling stories of the trip for many many years.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    trips like that are the ones that you will remember the most.
    hell, you couldn't forget something like that !!
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    hell, you couldn't forget something like that !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    LMAO that's funny bro. In my experience trips like that are the ones that you will remember the most and relive the experience telling stories of the trip for many many years.
    This truly adds the spice to adventure. Even though my wife doesnt like camping and all the work going into it, we had fun.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Phew, that sounds like a trip from hell. Once there it looks great! No problems on the way home?
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    lol reading this had me laughing the whole time, but glad all of you had fun
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Thread Information