Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What parts should I be watching for problems now that I am lifted and wheeling more?

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Right on just would cost a pretty penny and I am cheap and like the small business places. Doc brought up a couple points and I was wondering how everything was holding up?
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I'm probably in the same boat you are bro I'm a average garage mechanic and can figure my way threw most stuff to get the stuff fixed so sometimes I need the part to fail so I know what needs replacing. For rails I'm really not sure what I'm getting right now I'm kinda of lost. Balancing cost and function is pretty hard. Doc's and 4xGuards rails although tough as nails for sure they are both very expensive. In a perfect world getting the 4xGuard rails with doc's tub welded to the out side seems like the perfect setup which in the end will probably be a $800 setup

I know right, the guys from Midwest Jeep Thing were awesome with accepting a Commander into the group, but when we started talking cost on upgrades there is no comairison. Steel bumpers for the JK f&r $600.00 Us $2500.00 JK Rock rails, $250- us $500-$800 it hurts to wheel the obscure, at least in my dwindling wallet. I need a really good commision to support this new addiction
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    . In a perfect world getting the 4xGuard rails with doc's tub welded to the out side seems like the perfect setup which in the end will probably be a $800 setup
    Soooo, about the same price as repairing a badly rock rashed door?? wink wink

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Soooo, about the same price as repairing a badly rock rashed door?? wink wink
    actually a lot cheaper then that LOL

actually a lot cheaper then that LOL
    edit my first estimate was $2300

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Holy crap....

Makes that $800 seem like peanuts huh? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Holy crap....

Makes that $800 seem like peanuts huh? lol
    The worse part is I can't claim it as a badge of honor. If I did it conquering an obstacle or some cool trail section then ok. But being on level ground and just turning into a rock just stinks man. I'll let the insurance pick up the bill on this one.

The worse part is I can't claim it as a badge of honor. If I did it conquering an obstacle or some cool trail section then ok. But being on level ground and just turning into a rock just stinks man. I'll let the insurance pick up the bill on this one.
    Oh so you already mangled a rocker panel huh? How bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    Oh so you already mangled a rocker panel huh? How bad?
    I don't think its worth fixing myself but the wife wants me to fix it. The first place said they need to cut the rocker out and replace it and want $2300 to fix it. That seems stupid high to me even if my insurance is paying I'm not letting them get ripped of either.

Here is a distant shot barely noticeable, in fact I barely see it even when walking up to the jeep from that side

Passenger Rocker

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information