Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What parts should I be watching for problems now that I am lifted and wheeling more?

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...ead.php?t=7653

Just found this on the other forum. I can't figure out where that top screw is, but this helps a lot. Hey cut the front edge off the plastic, and that looks to help a lot on keeping it tucked up as close as possible. Hopefully attempt number two will work. A shop near me qouted about $450 to have the lines moved, f that
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    I had to BFH the lower OEM steel guard a bit to clear my 285s. It sticks out at least a half-inch more than it needs to. Bend it up a bit and it will give you a tab to screw your guard to.
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Quote Originally Posted by TrialByFire View Post
    I had to BFH the lower OEM steel guard a bit to clear my 285s. It sticks out at least a half-inch more than it needs to. Bend it up a bit and it will give you a tab to screw your guard to.
    Hey can you post a pic of this, I am trying to figure something out to protect those line.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    Hey can you post a pic of this, I am trying to figure something out to protect those line.
    I guess I lied. I went to take a photo and it wasn't bent up! I remember smacking it with the mallet but it was too thick to bend. I remember it was hard to get the plastic liner to mold around that bracket. Maybe hitting it with a grinder will cut it back a bit.
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Right on, after hearing about those lines getting broken on WCCC I really want to have them covered before I go out wheeling next. If anyone else has ideas I would greatly appreciate any advice on this. I had to take the cover I made off last night, It was starting to really grab the tire. I wonderif it would be easier just to rivet a plate on over them?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I'm sure I've seen this mod done. I was thinking of something else for some reason. It might take some time but run some searches. I'll see what I can dig up when I get on a computer.

Did you not have to cut out your fender plastic? I ran a bunch on both forums, and had Jackie Chan look for me as well. He found one that they took all the plastic gaurds off and zip tied them in the corner of the wheel well, but they still seem exposed. I guess most people don't worry about it, or dont have to remove the liner?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    No I remember someone making a plate forming it in and using some rivets to hold it in. I did a quick search over there but really didn't find what I remember seeing. I don't think moving them is a great idea the way that one guy did. Ideally Having new pipe made and rerouting the lines would be best but I'm sure expensive.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information