Thread: Homeland Security

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Feds say $10 million in drugs seized at Nogales
    by Associated Press (February 3rd, 2011 @ 9:38am)

NOGALES, Ariz. - Federal officials say inspections of inbound vehicles and people passing through the Nogales Port of Entry led to the seizure of $10 million in illegal drugs including cocaine, heroin, marijuana and methamphetamine.

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection said that between Friday and Monday federal agents seized almost 10,000 pounds of pot and 104 pounds of cocaine hidden inside vehicles and strapped to travelers' bodies.

Authorities arrested a 15-year-old boy from Nogales, Mexico, Friday with more than two pounds of methamphetamines strapped to his waist.

The narcotics and vehicles used for smuggling were seized and the suspects were turned over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement for further investigation.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    DPS makes largest pot seizure in agency history
    by KTAR.com (February 2nd, 2011 @ 2:31pm)

PHOENIX - The Department of Public Safety made the largest marijuana seizure in agency history last week when they stopped a cattle truck loaded with more than two tons of pot.

The truck, which was loaded with 68 head of cattle and 4,535 pounds of marijuana, was stopped while it was traveling on the Interstate 10, east of Tucson.

The DPS officer arrested Juan Francisco Aguayo, a Mexican citizen with permanent resident alien status who was driving the truck.

The largest marijuana seizure following a traffic stop used to be about 4,100 pounds, according to the Arizona Highway Patrol Division.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    From my state, Washington:
    Source: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2011/0...+Breaking+News

LEGISLATURE: Driver’s license bill called racist, anti-immigrant
    By The Spokesman-Review

A legislative hearing over a proposal to make driver’s license applicants give the state a Social Security number and a verifiable residence was abruptly halted after some members of the audience called the plan racist and anti-immigrant.

Senate Transportation Chairwoman Mary Margaret Haugen, D-Camano Island, ended the Thursday hearing when several people in the audience tried to shout her down over the purpose of Senate Bill 5407.

The panel had listened to a full hour of testimony, with some witnesses saying the bill would make the state safer by preventing terrorists from obtaining licenses and others who said it would make the state less safe because undocumented immigrants would still drive, but without licenses or insurance.

Haugen insisted several times the bill wasn’t about immigration: “To work in this country, you have to have a Social Security Number. We’re just asking for a Social Security number.”

When she asked Department of Licensing staff to explain how the bill would work, they said applicants would be asked for the number, as they are now. If there’s any question about residence, licensing staff must “establish whether they are lawfully present” in the state.

The panel will return to the issue later, she said.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I am an enrolled American Indian. When I renew, I have to show just about everything except my BIA ID card. Heck, if I want a library card, I need a utility bill with my name/address on it. No wonder the illegals are flocking here to to get ''legit'' driver's licenses. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what they can do in other states armed with an official ID from good ol' lax WA state.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Thread Information