Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OME vs Budget Boost

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    FWIW any thing is a better lift then spacers. Spacers are just so affordable to get started out in things but should be replaced when you can if you're off roading.
    Not really. It all depends on what you're looking for. If you're not carrying extra weight and just want 2 more inches for some extra tire clearance to go offroad AND want to retain the factory ride (some people like the softer ride of the factory suspension), then the lift spacers fit the bill.

In terms of offroading, there's really not a huge benefit to the OME kit other than a bit less deflection when coming off obstacles. But hell, the load levelers will solve that
    Last edited by Knappster; 07-31-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Ride is qualitative, not quantitative. So it'll be a better ride for some and a worse ride for others.

The benefit to me is load capacity. I don't like how 150-200 lbs makes my front drop a full 1/2". So regardless, i'll be getting the front springs/struts.

I actually may just do the OME up front and keep the stock springs/spacers in the rear coupled with the longer load leveler shocks that Sal put on.
    Last edited by Knappster; 07-31-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Rear OME shocks are $83 each, from what I've been seeing the monroe load levelers are $100 for 2.. Maybe OME all around with rear Monroe LLers. Save a few bucks get a little rake setup and have the best of both worlds?

Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    Rear OME shocks are $83 each, from what I've been seeing the monroe load levelers are $100 for 2.. Maybe OME all around with rear Monroe LLers. Save a few bucks get a little rake setup and have the best of both worlds?
    Pretty much what I was thinking. Hell, I probably wont bother with the OME springs for the rear either.... the Monroe shocks are plenty for our carrying capacity.

I just figure if I get the rear OME springs I can recoup that cost since I could sell the whole RRO lift for pretty close to the cost of the rear springs.

Do it

Can't spend any money until after my Alaska vacation next month Then once we settle out with what we've spent on that I need to figure on new computer and OME lift.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Going on a year of riding with OME upgrade. I've never really shared my thoughts with it, and/or how it has improved my offroad capability.

We all know QT1 is the baby of the 3 4x4 systems - But this 'baby' has the ability to bite. The OME upgrade really wakes the QT1 system up and gives it what I call some... "MMPH". Gives my WK some leverage. We all know this system is only amazing as long as those wheels are planted. In the Snow, Mud, and Sand - the system is like breakfast in bed. It can get by with 3 wheels, I've done it...But 2 wheels? forget it. The OME provides better flex, and more clearance. This may not apply to you Hoaxci - but, for those ESPECIALLY running QTI - suspension articulation is our friend, OME provides better articulation. OME is your friend.

aj

Nothing against the OME kit, but unless the struts fully extended length is 2-3" longer than the stock struts, they don't actually provide more articulation. From the pics and info I've seen, they're about the same overall length and provide all of the lift via a higher spring rate. Would love more details if this incorrect.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    they provide about 1-2" in additional flex. Certainly not 3".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information