Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Criket's garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    good call with painting them... wish i did that!

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Finished up paint and assembled the struts..... partially. I need a spring compressor but the only one they had to rent at the parts store was the cheap ones. I decided to wait and have the local shop do it on Monday.

Here are some progress pics.

Edit: In the last pic, I know the springs are not seated right/proper. That's because the strut isn't bolted together yet. It will be fixed correctly once I get them into a spring compressor.

Last edited by criket; 02-25-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Damn im jealous... wish i thought of painting mine blue for the white/blue theme. Those look great man- now stop puttsing around and throw them in

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Damn im jealous... wish i thought of painting mine blue for the white/blue theme. Those look great man- now stop puttsing around and throw them in
    LOL, yea I need to get these in before URE 3/31. Thanks Matt. It was your post about all the parts that made me order all new stuff.

The blue and white theme would look good on yours. Maybe you'll get a wild hair and tear them down, paint them, and rebuild them.
    Last edited by criket; 02-25-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: respect
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by criket View Post
    I don't want the yellow theme (sorry AJ).

Yellow belongs to me already, anyway! I Claimed yellow 2 years ago, when I first slapped on my KC's.

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    Lookin good bro.
    Aj we all have our own colors dont we lol
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

The OME struts are scheduled for install on Thursday. I'm having the local shop do it since I don't have air tools to tackle the bolts. I'm still working on completing my garage so I CAN have the ability use air tools, LOL.

I've been spraying all the bolts with PB blaster over the last 2 days and will continue until Thursday.

I've found out that my hood strut is going out, again. I have to push the hood all the way up. It will stay up sort of but won't go up on it's own. I guess I'll have to replace that also. This will make the second time.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    The hood goes up on it's own? I think the strut suppose to help you lift the hood then just hold it open. Granted the amount of help it needs could mean it's worn. I forget but should only take like two or three fingers to lift the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    The hood goes up on it's own? I think the strut suppose to help you lift the hood then just hold it open. Granted the amount of help it needs could mean it's worn. I forget but should only take like two or three fingers to lift the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, it takes more than three fingers to lift it. I'll probably wait to replce it after it falls on my head, lol.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information