Quote Originally Posted by Tymac View Post
Get down to a gun store and start picking up models. You really need to find something that fits well. Especially considering you said you have small hands. My wife has small hands and the compact Storm is a bit thick in the grip for good control. She handles it well, but a bit narrower would help. I changed the back strap and it helped a bit but still not great.

Sub compacts basically are just shorter in the grip. Meaning they hold a few rounds less.

I like watching the reviews of guns on youtube. Some are good, but most are just for entertainment.

I signed up for gunbroker.com and found they have very good information.
I have been looking at some youtube reviews of a couple of models. You have to look through a couple vids before you hit a professionals review tho, lol...

I'll check out gunbroker.com when I get home to see what its about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymac View Post
That's the way it was when I first got into pistols. Now I like my guns to hot cycle a couple hundred rounds without issues. You know, just in case I have a small invasion in my city.
I have a few really nice bolts we bought in the 70's. Depends on what you like and if you plan to reload your own brass. Just for fun I really like my Ruger 10-77 (bolt .22) and my 10-22 (semi .22). 2 years ago I bought a Ruger .204 in stainless and synthetic stock. Fun to shoot woodies at 250 yds.

You expecting zombies? LOL......

I don't want to start thinking about the bolt actions just yet, I need to start with the ccw. LOL, my girl thinks I'm nuts........I'll start researching one thing and then it turns into researching three or four things at a time.