9 90.00%
  • July 27 - Trail Run & Events

9 90.00%
  • July 28 - Trail Run & Events

8 80.00%
  • July 29 - Departure

8 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: West Coast Camp Commander 2011 / July 24 - 29 / Buena Vista Colorado (Pre-Event)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    I guess since I brought it up.....
    I will pose this question for anyone who is attending WCCC:

On the proposed trails list....WEDNESDAY is marked for an AM "easy/moderate" trail with an optional PM ride on one of the harder trails. I have been looking things over and researching some of the trails and I am thinking that the HANCOCK PASS/Alpine station will take longer than just a half day, or at least won't leave enough time to do both an AM and PM ride..........So I was going to see if there were any takers that would want to split off and climb up to Grizzy Lake since its one of the more difficult trails, and we will be going right past it on the Hancock pass.

I am not sure what the plan was to be that day once the group reached the Alpine tunnel, as far as how to get back to town.....but i suspect if anyone was game to go up to grizzly lake that we could get up and back down, then still catch back up to the group....since im guessing they would go up and back to Hancock lake. That's if there were any takers.

From what I have read and videos i have seen and things I have done in my own XK, i think this trail is possible with some armor, lift, tires, and careful lines.
    I am just seeing if there is any interest in this. If the whole group wants to do this, then we could just make it part of that day's ride.

If there are people who will absolutely NOT attempt it, the group would stay on the main trail, and any takers could run up to the Grizzly lake and back down, then continue on, as planned.

This would only be 2.5 miles up and 2.5 miles back, so 5 miles total. its rated a 5/6. I think it would be hard enough to make it a challenge, but not something that's going to ruin your rig, if you have some armor and patience.

Anyone left in the mix want to discuss it?

Last edited by ped4599; 06-27-2011 at 09:33 PM.
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Thread Information