OK so some of you know I just finished a three year ongoing build of a 1979 Jeep Wagoneer. I received an offer to sell the wagon and accepted. Initially after the sale I was all gun-ho to build up the Commander. But then reality kicked in... My Commander is my daily driver and I have always had personal issues wheeling my DD. In the back of my head I would always see myself breaking something that would cost me some type of hardship. SO after much soul searching I decided to go a different route then build up the Commander. Last week I happened across this 2000 Grand Cherokee that has a lot going for it. 5" lift, 33's new crate motor, rebuilt transmission, new brakes all around, and well cared for. So I jumped on it and picked it up today. I think ultimately with the solid front and rear axles (D30 and D44) and the same motor and transfer case it may be better in the short run. I think I would really like to swap out the 8 1/4's in the XK and replace with some stout D44's front and rear. But this is a pipe dream and it will take a lot of planning. But anyway here are some pic's!