Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Thanks man. But trust me on this one, especially with all the great wheeling where you live, go with the superlift over the OME if you can. My 2nd daughter is due in a few weeks... and im hoping to upgrade to the superlift when she's ~2yrs old (or in a forward facing car seat) to make it easier for my wife to get the kids all belted in.
I thought I'd toss in my 2 cents on the subject along with a couple of pictures.

Put simply, I went with the Superlift because it corrects for stock geometry. And if you go with some other lift, I'm not convinced that things work out all that much cheaper. I think most who don't want to spend the $$$ for the Superlift want to go with OME instead of a spacer lift. I believe that the OME lift still runs several hundred dollars. Maybe someone who knows real numbers will chime in. Regardless, OME or spacers will result in changes in geometry. This means most likely premature wear of various components. Now, you can compensate for these things, but that means buying more parts and spending nice money for the fix. Well, JBA upper control arms can correct ball joint angles, but how much have you spent now? I can't find a picture of someone's stock upper control arm after an OME or spacer lift, but here is a picture of mine after the SL:

So you can fix that one, but what are you going to do about the steering rack tie rod end?

You can see a really rough steering tie rod angle here.

Here is a picture of mine after the SL:

I wouldn't want to have to keep replacing tie rod ends, or even worse, steering racks ($$$!!!).

So, while the mod bug can keep you forever throwing cash at your Jeep, I felt that the SL gives the best platform. I can stop here, or I can more easily upgrade as the fever consumes me.