Quote Originally Posted by XK N00b View Post
This is a good thread, I am very interested in going, I'm pretty confident in the Jeep and in my own ability, however this isn't something I'd do on my own. If we could organize a timeline and a recommended/required parts/equipment list, count me in.

Also, from what I understand (and I could be misinformed) that "Trail Rated" badge on the fender means that Jeep took one of these and completed the Rubicon trail with it, Stock. I also remember seeing photos in Four Wheeler(?) magazine of a 2011 Grand Cherokee post earning that badge and it was in a condition that would make my wife very upset with me if it came home looking like that.

I am not so sure about the "badge" meaning it has been over that trail. i have heard that many times and its always been proven as a myth. the criteria for the badge are spelled out on the jeep web site....i dont think it mentions the rubicon trail.

I do know a few years back there was a company that took a stock xk on the rubicon trail. from the article and photos posted at that time the XK made it...just had lots of body damage. I think that is the case with any 4x4 and 4x4 trail....its not usually a question of making it...its how much damage will you have.