Well i ended up dropping jeep off at dealer yesterday after work... figured i'd use my warrantee , pay $150 deduct and have my jeep back today.

Just picked it up and turns out they need to order the shift motor. So although it's covered, im not better off in terms of driving around now. I'm hoping i can swing by Monday after work to get it installed (i can't see it taking more than a day).

In hindsight, instead of ordering the Retech motor from RockAuto, I kind of wish I ordered the OE part (5143786AA). $330 shipped isn't bad:
http://factorymoparparts.com/5143786aa.html

I might see if I can convince them to change the tcase fluid under "warranty" as well. A bit of a stretch, but I now have it on record that i've had this issue with Friday and the t-case is locked up due to the shift motor, which is a warranty item. I know that clutch is getting a workout, so i don't think its too much to ask to have them drain the fluid, make note if there's clutch material present, and refill. If the fluid is dirty (which i changed 6k miles ago) then i'll be on record and help me with a tcase claim in the future.