Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What the Heck man!!!!!!!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    I maybe should have also mentioned that I installed a switch inline with the power for that device because I've had a few times where it doesn't seem to reset properly and then my AUX wouldn't work. So for the cost of a switch (I had one already along with extra wire) I saved myself from having to tear the dash apart every time it happens which has been at least three times.. another interesting thing you might like about it is there is a aux power wire on it which is great for triggering a relay to power other devices only when the ignition is on, I use it for a relay which feeds power to my cb, subwoofer amp, and gps unit.
    Thanks for the info I'll have to download the instructions for that thing at some point. I always wondered why my VES did absolutely nothing at all LOL The funny thing is now I know why there is a hole in the cubby down there saw that a while back too. I guess the sings were there I just missed them all

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    It's been a great device for my uses.. It allows me to use my phone with Slacker Radio app to listen to music while my kids still watch a DVD. I had sat radio for a few years awhile ago and just got bored with it, so I had no use for it anymore, and it's nice that it's all factory integrated other than the aux cord now.

The funny thing is I never used my phone because threw the FM thing is sounded like crap and wanted the Sat for places you have no signal which I'm in a lot. If I would've found the aux thing I might not of got the sat but it was already paid for LOL

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    That's why I use Slack Radio on my phone, it allows caching of stations so no signal required. But thats only if you pay for the service which is like $50 a year. Out here in the mountains/desert we're lucky to have cell service on the interstate in some areas.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I take it you bought your XK used?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Question

WHERE do you go in eastern NC with NO signal?!?! I'm from Salisbury, and went to WCU, down in the deep sw mountains of the state, so I can understand no signal there (save for the occasional tiny AM station with the local snake handling/Mexican cat juggling, jackleg, pentecostal, full-holiness, preacher on it ). EVERYTHING east of Greensboro down to Wadesboro is flat as a flitter - other than signals CROSSING at the fringe of broadcast range, I can't imagine EVER being without a radio signal there!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

I have no signal at uwharrie phone or radio. I do travel outside NC to go wheeling which means by the time I find a radio channel it's starts to fade while traveling to where I'm going. I didn't have a signal up in VA.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    WHERE do you go in eastern NC with NO signal?!?! I'm from Salisbury, and went to WCU, down in the deep sw mountains of the state, so I can understand no signal there (save for the occasional tiny AM station with the local snake handling/Mexican cat juggling, jackleg, pentecostal, full-holiness, preacher on it ). EVERYTHING east of Greensboro down to Wadesboro is flat as a flitter - other than signals CROSSING at the fringe of broadcast range, I can't imagine EVER being without a radio signal there!
    Hey, I grew up south of Asheboro, right in the middle of the state and we got NO SIGNAL whatesoever fom any phone company. It's still like that. It's a geographical oddity.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information