Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Superacerc's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Great! I figured i'd just have to look it up. I'd appreciate it so I can go pick em up as well. I'm not looking forward to changing them out. Gulf550 did his and said it was a pain. Not techincally tough but just hard to reach.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Great! I figured i'd just have to look it up. I'd appreciate it so I can go pick em up as well. I'm not looking forward to changing them out. Gulf550 did his and said it was a pain. Not techincally tough but just hard to reach.
    So I take it he didn't drop the front differential to swap out the busings? I planned on doing that since I have quite a few things that need to be addressed on my front end. All my bushings and ball joints are shot all the way around.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

No i don't think he did. He may have not even switched all the bushings out, i think he only did the trouble maker which if I remember correctly was the center top one? Not sure. Have to give it a look and start working on it soon. Shouldn't take but an hour or 2 I hope (or less).
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    We have the parts manual linked in the parts thread.

Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    No i don't think he did. He may have not even switched all the bushings out, i think he only did the trouble maker which if I remember correctly was the center top one? Not sure. Have to give it a look and start working on it soon. Shouldn't take but an hour or 2 I hope (or less).
    Does that upper bushing needed to be pressed out or just beaten out? Thats one of the busings thats gone on mine. Also the one right in front of the differential cover is bad too.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Thanks SAL I'll check it out.
    07 - I think beating will work. I think it's very similar to a shock bushing. It is the front diff bushing right? Or was it the T-Case? I think it was the front diff.

The upper differential bushing part # is 52089516AB. The list price is $35.10, and with military discount it runs about $29.83. That bushing is used for both the top of the differential and also the passenger side of the differential where the extension housing is. The bracket/bushing in front of the differential cover part is part #52114354AA and list price is $137.00 and runs $116.45 with discount. Very expensive because it comes with the bracket. Of course I need one of each. Im going to see if I can find that one cheaper elsewhere. Im not about to pay $116 for it. Hope this helps!

EDIT: Found the upper differential bushing/isolator a lot cheaper right through Quadratec.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/56015_0105.htm
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 01-04-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Great find at quadratech. I hope the bad ones are those two cheap ones cause I don't wasn't to get a 100+ dollar bushing if I dont have to. Thanks for the info!

Edit: just ordered two of the ones from quadratec and it cost with shipping: $43.
    Last edited by superacerc; 01-05-2012 at 04:46 AM.

Ordered the super chips flash paq from jegs and am looking forward to changing my odometer and going to the 87 octane mode. Is there any other cool things I might enjoy doing with it? I'm not sure of all the possibilities that are useful.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Trans tune and you should be able monitor sensors like trans temp and stuff. Tow tune 93 octane tune clear and read codes to name a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread Information