Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Criket's garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Garage update: I used Matt's advice and bought, cut, installed the cross boards under the shelves. These shelves are strong now and shouldn't warp. But if they do, I'll just replace the cheap partical board shelf with 1/4" or 1/2" plywood.

Finally organized!!!

SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Jeep update: Went out this morning to find almost 3 inches of water in the driver's side floor board. So I ripped out the carpet so it could dry.

Driver's seat. This thing was heavy.

Passenger seat. I couldn't get the seat belt bolt off so I just wiggled it around out of the way.

SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Back seat and molding pieces.

Got the carpet out. It was SOAKED on the drivers side. I'll leave it here to dry for a few days

Here is what the inside looks like without carpet and seats.

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    Great time to dynamat it and rent a carpet cleaning machine.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Then I installed the seats. Seats and no carpet.

I had 2 think rubber floor mats lying around so I put these up front.

And that's it. It wasn't hard just time consuming. And then a big hail storm came through after I pulled outta the building. So I prob have hail damage but that's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitMarauder View Post
    Great time to dynamat it and rent a carpet cleaning machine.
    I've entertained the idea of bedlining it and installing some drain plugs.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Where was it leaking from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Where was it leaking from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I'm not positive yet. I know it was NOT coming down the windshield into the cab. All the area underneath and behind the dash on the driver's side was dry and had dust on it.

I have a theory though. In the picture below, there is a yellow circle. On the metal part on the outside of the rubber seal in the circle, there is usually a small puddle of water when it rains. There has been a puddle there several times but I haven't had any problems.

When it rained REALLY hard yesterday/last night, I assume that it was too much and it overflowed pass the rubber seal at the bottom of the door (inside the yellow circle) and into the drivers floor board.

But I'm not positive.
    Last edited by criket; 03-24-2012 at 06:38 PM. Reason: a picture would help....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    There are drain tubes that run along the bottom of the doors (at least on WK's). Sometimes they get clogged, when they do - I think water builds up along the seam between the actual door and the body of the Jeep. It could leak ANYWHERE along that seem if it doesn't flush properly, but it will obviously travel downward and puddle in the floorboard.

Also, this happened to me when I didn't close the door completely, rained over night and came home to soaked spot under my driver floor mat.

Well I went out again this morning and there was water in the floor board again. So this evening I vacuum it out and pulled all the door seals on the driver side. I cleaned all the seals around the windshield channel and chalked soem areas that I thought may be problematic.

I did find however that the seal on the door that goes around the bottom isn't looking that great. I may order a new seal and replace it.

What's you guy's thoughts on bedlining the interior and installing a couple of drain holes? How would bedliner in khaki color look?

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information