Quote Originally Posted by psycho787 View Post
I have the 3.7L with the 3.07 gears. I was wonderin' where I could get the gears to do a swap for the QTII gearing. I have a friend who works at an offroad jeep shop who could most likely install the gears for me. My only breaking point is price, so hopefully without having to pay for an install, it won't be too pricey.
Thanks, Ross
07JeepXK has helped a friend swap gears in there 3.07 WK. You can go 3.55 or 3.73, Yes you will have to buy the front gears from Jeep or find a used front differential or gears. The rear is a Chrysler 8.25 differential with 29 tooth spline. Those are available aftermarket. If you're going into the rear end put in some type of locker while it's open. Lastly, according to 07JeepXK, a HyperTech Speedo Calibrator or MAX Energy Programmer is needed to program in the new gear ratio.

Note: I will have available in a couple weeks a used set of 3.55 front ring and pinion gears with about 35,000 miles on them and a new set of Mopar 3.55 rear ring and pinion gears for sale, if anyone is interested, I can give you a good price on these. The Front new is $855 from a dealer and about $600 shipped from an online Mopar parts store. The rear would go for $462 or $350 shipped. I could do $300 for the set, that includes shipping.