Thread: 3.7L V6 QT1 to QT2 Conversion.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I think you nailed it man awesome work!
    It does look like it's working, I just need to test some more to see what is happening with the codes in Low. I can tolerate error codes when in Low, as long as it doesn't adversely affect anything else.

I think this is what is taking place when I shift to Low or Low Lock:

First it is going into Permanent Limp-In Mode
    "If this occurs while the vehicle is moving, the transmission
    remains in the current gear position until the ignition is turned off or the shifter is placed in the "P" position. When
    the shifter has been placed in "P" the transmission only allows 2nd gear operation. If this occurs while the vehicle
    is not moving, the transmission only allows operation in 2nd gear."

And once I shift the transfercase back into high it goes into Temporary Limp-In Mode
    "This mode is the same as the permanent Limp-In Mode except if the condition is no longer present, the system resumes normal operation."

Which would explain why after I receive the "Check Engine Light" and shift the transfercase back to high the transmission operates correctly. By going out of Low and back into High, I've "fixed" the condition that put the TCM into Permanent Limp-In Mode, and placed it into Temporary Limp-In Mode.

Question, how long does the error code stay in the TCM, but operate correctly before the code disappears or does it need to be reset by disconnecting the battery?
    Last edited by cmdr jim; 05-20-2012 at 07:14 AM.
    06 Red Jeep XK 3.7L V6 QT1, RC 2" with 1/2", 1-1/4" Wheel Spacers, Rubicon Moab Rims, Grabber AT2 LT265/70-17, Rocky Road Supersliders, Fastman Throttle-body, K&N Cold Air Filter, JBA Headers, Front Tow Hooks, 2" receiver front & rear, Wired for winch front & rear, ARB Onboard Air, Trans Temp Gauge, Aux Trans Cooler, Sport Roof Crossbars, Skid Plates, RS5010 Rear Shocks, JKS 2034 Front & 2001 Rear Disconnects

Thread Information