I was always hoping to do a SL, and now im even happier I did. I have been able to retain the front travel , greatly extend the rear travel and have the belly clearance and departure of a shorty. I think the only thing that would be better would be keeping a 2.5" lift and doing a LRA tank relocate and cutting the guards for a LCOG 35" tyre type of rig. Which is i think where you are heading 07JeepXK, which will be awesome if you can pull it off!!

Went for my first real wheel last night (not hard though, still waiting on rear shocks) and even without any rear droop at all, and the front swat bar on the new abilities were amazing! I had a couple of hairy moments due to the rear, but the only truck that outdrove me was a brute on 35's. Both JKU's on 35's got bellied up where i walked through! And tracks that used to require some right pedal for me to use I can now crawl at under 5kph.

And thanks again Nathan and 07JeepWK for the info on the pinchweld area, the BFH has given the 35's room to breathe!