Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
Answers really depend on some more information. How old are you? Are you married with kids? What are your long term issues with your injuries? What you looking to do in the army? And FYI guys Just because you have college don't mean you can go OCS either. The army has tightened its belt on recruitments. The standards are up and the bonuses are down. I was a PVT with a wife and kids and the pay was horrible pretty much had little left over and that was with no car payments. But as said it gets better with rank but depending on your MOS that could take sometime the service pay tables are easy to find online. The service isn't for everyone either and you can't just quit if you go and realize you don't want to do this anymore. You can send me a PM with the answers if you want I'll give you my honest opinion on it.
Sal is correct, they have cracked down a lot. VERY few people with a degree are selected for OCS... and that includes prior service. I don't ship for another 2 months so my advice/experience is limited up to the delayed entry process. In regards to the application process to OCS, I treated that application like my life depended on it, and I made it a point to prove that to my recruiter. If you get a good recruiter, win their trust and approval and he/she will go out of there way to get things done. The only reason I say this is because the OCS application process is tough, as you might imagine - but it's also a PITA for the recruiter and requires a lot of work and deadlines for them as well. They will not look at anyone with a GPA of less than 3.0 from college.