Just found this thread!

My last cv did exactly that as well, 2nd trip out. Even my hobbled together factory shaft is lasting better, but still cant take the full lock max torque situation you can get offroad.

Yep, im pulling the trigger on a set of the QDII cv's, down here the factory shafts are over 2400 per set from the dealer, so cheaper than that. And even over 12 months at my current rate its worth the time on the track wheeling!

FJ cruisers (which are just landcruiser Prado's underneath) are running these type CV's on 34's and are not having issues with diffs or front shafts etc. And the WK front diff is stronger than the FJ by a mile, the extension shaft is 1 1/4" thick!. The front shaft CV's are very easy to change over too, so if that becomes the weak spot its even easier than doing a CV.

As soon as we work out the shipping they tell me it will be 2-3 weeks for delivery.

My SFA swap is at least 12 months away, rear LA conversion is hopefully starting in September, so these should get me through till then!