Quote Originally Posted by BonesWK View Post
Whelp im going to bump this thread.
My rig is coming up on 100k here in the next few months. I have done the TC fluid change ealier this year, and diffs at about 89k. Plugs were at 80ish I think.

So that leaves the PCV valve? Whats this thing look like? where is it at on the 4.7? Can I change it myself?

Also, is there any gain from changing the oil from conventional to synthetic at 100k? I am lame and have the shop change my oil with the normal stuff, and have done so for the last 4 years. Should I switch to Synthetic?
The PCV valve on the 4.7 L is easy to swap out and yes you can do it yourself. Its located on the drivers side of the engine bay towards the fire wall on the top of the motor. Not far from the last fuel injector and spark plug. Once you pick up the new PCV valve from the store you will see exactly what it looks like and have no problem locating it on the engine. It does take a huge wrench though to get the old one off and the new one on. I bought a wrench specifically for the PVC valve and cut it down with my angle grinder so I can get in there with it. Its sort of in a tight spot.