I must admit i am not a fan of cut coils, but I also have access to getting custom coils made easily. The increase in spring rate can get harsh.

I know Omelet cut the top coil off his OME HD and seems happy.

The other thing to look at is the SL incorporates a preload spacer, which goes inside the strut assembly, and is usually good for around 1/2-3/4" (usually closer to 3/4) lift on the standard coil alone. I left these out so we could use the same length spring i previously had and not end up over 7" of lift. This keeps a large amount of flex and rebound abaility. Mine has settled at around 6.25" in the front, and the coils on a normal lift would be good for around 2.75" lift with the heavy bar, winch and batteries etc. If you could simulate the weight you will run on the front, and get a measurement for your current coils then add 3.5" you will be pretty close to your new lift height. Then go from there and try to work out a new spring, or trim down a lower rated coil.

From memory my front coils are 300 rated and 19mm, which gives you an idea on my Jeeps weight... And the struts are valved 25% over the OME.