Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: 06JeepXKHEMI's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I wouldnt have it enabled cause I dont use my HiBeams at all
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Here in the PNW it comes in handy to have the auto Hi Beam enabled.

My wife freaked the first time it came on while she was driving it at night, now she loves it.

When driving in an area that the sensor does not pick up any other lights than you it will turn on your hi beams. Once the sensor sees another light it goes back to low beam. It works really well.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Right, I rarely ecer use them until recently asI live out of the city and in the country a little bit so roads will go from lit to unlit, but thats why I moved forward with the HID kit.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Lights looks good man. I wonder if I have that auto high beam feature. It may just be a limited feature

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Yea I did about a weeks research before adjusting parameters.. It paid off cause I love the way she runs now!!
    Your research paid off for me too. Now I can disable the traction control (on the dash) and pin myself to the back of the seat.. WHEEEE!

Thanks!

On the other topic, I have 6k HIDs in my fog lights. Takes a second to warm up, but nice and bright. Slightly blue so 4 - 5K may have been better for pure white light.

Glad youre enjoying it, sure is alot of fun once you get her dialed in.. I wanted the 6k for the tint of blue, I may however be switching to a less yellow fog light, will have to buy and see

Just purchased the Midland 75-822 CB, I believe this is the same or similar to Matts. Ive been trying to figure out which way to go and I think this was the best deal. Question for Matt, does the antenna that comes with it give enough range for the trails or will I need to get an external one? Remember Im only using this for trail use thats it.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I used the standard antenna last time.... range on those short antennas is really lacking so I would highly recommend going external.

Can I get by without it for this trip?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    of course.

Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread Information