Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Rausch Creek Wheeling October 27th

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    That body damage can be repaired after the trip...

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That body damage can be repaired after the trip...
    I wish it could wait until after trip. The damage sustained to the door also caused damage to the lower hinge. Now the door isn't closing properly and is out of alignment. There is a gap between the upper portion of the door above the window and its not sealing properly. So while driving you can hear the wind coming in and when it rains, the water slower makes it way through the door seals. I tweaked the door pretty good on that trip. Its not really costing me anything to get the door fixed, but it will be at my friends shop all next weekend. I'll probably work on other issues with the XK while its getting fixed and painted.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

For those who don't have "friends" in the business.... that sure makes the $500 price tag for sliders seem worth it!

You got that right. Sal can confirm that the damage to my door would cost crazy $$ to get fixed else where. I got lucky on this one. So I have to get it fixed while I can
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    lol hopefully it all works out and you make it up w/ no issues Adam.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Well I can install a transfer case in 45 min. The problem is getting one. Ill install it there if I have to

Adam, I was talking to my fiance about what happen to your door and sliders for x-mas. Keep in mind my fiance hates my jeep LOL but...

She said to me why waste $600 on sliders when we know a body shop guy. At first I had to think but just realized she smashed my bumper on my old XK and it was atleast 500-700 worth of repairs. Her uncle who is a philly cop knows a guy who does CHEAP really good work for him and his family and we ended up getting it fixed for 150. I completely forgot about him so now I feel a bit better about no sliders LOL

She wants me to get the front guard and roof basket instead of the sliders....*sigh*
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    Adam, I was talking to my fiance about what happen to your door and sliders for x-mas. Keep in mind my fiance hates my jeep LOL but...

She said to me why waste $600 on sliders when we know a body shop guy. At first I had to think but just realized she smashed my bumper on my old XK and it was atleast 500-700 worth of repairs. Her uncle who is a philly cop knows a guy who does CHEAP really good work for him and his family and we ended up getting it fixed for 150. I completely forgot about him so now I feel a bit better about no sliders LOL

She wants me to get the front guard and roof basket instead of the sliders....*sigh*
    Honestly, if you don't go crazy and stick to the type of off roading we did last time at Raucsh Creek then sliders really aren't needed. I have been hard core wheeling my XK for well over 4 years now with this being the first major body damage to the XK. I cant even honestly say that the SA Sliders would have prevented the damage. I was in a ravine going up a huge hill that was all rutted up and tree roots protruding out the side of the ravine caught the door. It would have gone right over top of the slider. Now if money isnt a problem then yea get the sliders. They look amazing and will still prevent damage in other situations. Just wouldnt have helped in mine.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 10-14-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Yeah I hear what your saying man. I had a lot of fun my first time, and I don't see myself ever putting my XK in black trails tbh. I will see how I like going through blues!
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Without the sliders you'll always be "at risk" of that type of damage. If you're only going wheeling once in your life, then OK there benefit/cost probably isn't there. But if they prevent that damage just ONCE, they've paid for themselves.

I know I also have a lot more fun wheeling with my sliders. I don't have to baby my vehicle as much and they've taken quite a few good hits.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information