Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Criket's garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Why dont you get a front differential out of a XK/WK that already has 3.73's installed????
    Well I have one but I need the shop to verify that it's set up correctly. If it isn't, I'll be diving into the local junkyards.

That's why I said on hold as of currently. Once the shop looks at it, I'll know for sure which way to go next.

THe heavy rains over the last couple of days produced a couple of leaks in the house, so this comes first. And then to finish wiring the garage and solving the water runoff problem in front of it.
    Last edited by criket; 09-05-2012 at 03:28 AM.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Changed the oil, oil filter, and air filter today.

As I was rolling the driver's window up this morning, it all of a sudden stopped. (I was at leaving work and it was 530 am, so it was dark). I thought, oh well must be the regualtor motor and went home. After the sun came up, I went to look at it and the window had got off track. The glass was trying to go to the left around the plastic at the side mirror. I used a screwdriver and pryed the plastic back enough and the window went down very easily. So at this point I know that the window regulator motor is ok. So I roll the window back up making sure that the window didn't get off track again. Once the window was up I noticed that it is cracked horizontally. When it got off track it went to the left and cracked the window. I'll call insurance tomorrow and they should cover it, I hope.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Update:

The Jeep will get a new driver's front window on Monday for free. I called the insurance and explained to them what happened (also in the above post) and they said yep it's a glass claim. We'll have a shop of your choice install it and there will be no deductible or anything out of your pocket. Score!!!

The garage finally has electricity as of today. My BIL works for the local telephone company and he brought the ditch witch and within an hour we had the wire buried underground. Then after another trip to Lowe's and about and hour ro so later, it had electricity. Finally the automatic garage doors work and I have lights and receps. This means I can work onthe Jeep at night.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Cool man. Sounds like things are working out!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Cool man. Sounds like things are working out!
    So much for things working out....2 weeks after the BIL and I buried the wire it broke somewhere between the house and the garage. No electricity at all to the garage. ARRGGGHH!!!!! I think the ditch witch that he used broke the wire in the process of digging and burying. It's the kind of ditch witch that digs and burys at the same time. By the way, the wire that broke was free and the ditch witch labor was free. Lesson learned.

Solution: Go to Lowe's and buy the big arse mobile home wire rated at 100 amps and is actually supposed to go under ground. Rent the PROPER ditch witch and bury that fool, hook up 100 amp breakers at both the house breaker box and the garage breaker box and BOOM, we now have electricity again. And its rated at 100 amps instead of the wussy 30 the previous wire was.

This was done today.

So all in all, the wire breakage was a blessing because I got all new stuff and upgraded to 100 amps in the process.

Operating a ditch witch will wear on you, lol.
    Last edited by criket; 10-13-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Drove the jeep to Atlanta, GA for business this week. I got 19.5 mpg (calcualting by hand). I was very impressed with that number since my WK is modified and is a V6. I put about 650 miles or so on it in 2.5 days.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by criket View Post
    Drove the jeep to Atlanta, GA for business this week. I got 19.5 mpg (calcualting by hand). I was very impressed with that number since my WK is modified and is a V6. I put about 650 miles or so on it in 2.5 days.
    Those are good numbers for sure. I was in GA a couple of times this week myself.

Since it was raining today, I did a little project in the garage.

I'm always looking for my nitrile gloves when I work on my jeep or engine. And then when I find them, I put the box on the table and in a few mintues they get in my way. So I have move them. And them move them again. By this point, I put them in a place where I know they won't get in the way. And then the next day I've lost them and this process starts over.

So here is my solution. Wall mounted glove holder.

I had all the materials so I made one. Excuse the rough cuts, I used a jig saw. I wish I had a table saw....

And here is a picture of the progress on the 355 I'm building. I'll do a full on build thread when it runs. I probably have 1000 pictures.....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Let me know when you want me to swing by so we can drop that bad boy in my Jeep

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information