Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Very cool man glad it worked out!

All of the gas tank cradles have the issue with the control arm hitting it, not just the upgraded skid plate version. If you ever decide to put OME springs or an upper spacer in, you'll want to trim that section so the suspension drops down further..... makes installation much easier and provides more flex for wheeling; win-win!
I may add another rear spacer in the future but I'm not sure if the rear will then be too higher compared to the front. When I do, I'll for sure trim the gas tank skid. So if I were to buy the improved gas tank skid, do you get rid of the current one? If so, I'll just wait to trim it until I get the better one. Anyways, doesn't the shock fully extend before the control arm hits the skid?

Quote Originally Posted by scottso699 View Post
When I installed my rear OME springs I cut the fuel tank - it was really spontaneous too! That side wouldn't go down enough... I was thinking of all the threads I had read about that mod... and how pissed i'd be at myself if I didn't take the time to do it now and have to come back some other day to do it. It was right there in front of me so I grabbed my reciprocating saw and in no time took care of that!

John - I assume you got "Matt's Spacers" from Matt? Or did you make them yourself from the stuff Matt gets?

And if you got them from Matt...

Matt - Will you be making more of these spacers (you had mentioned you were making uppers)? I'd be very interested in getting a pair for my rear...
Scott, like Matt said, I did get the 1/2 inch rear coil spacers from him. They work great and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Also a good price and super easy to install.