Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
The only thing that was left hooked up was the winch. I had unhooked that as well, but did not make any difference.

FYI Yes he is a Certified electrician, he is also a fabricator among other things. He has hand built a toy 4runner with a Chev SB350. The 4 runner is setup like a Avalanche with a bed & 4 doors. It is lifted with custom roll cage & had rewired the entire truck, So he does know what he is doing.
I don't know the fellow working on your jeep, so I'll leave that to you. I just have seen too many professionals very narrowly trained in a expertise with little to no ability to use that knowledge in a more general sense. It's my own past experience that triggered my short rant, and may have no relation to your situation.

Relays can sometimes become stuck and a gentle tap can return them to working order.

HIDs create a lot of line noise that may interfere with other systems. Do your HIDs come with noise suppressors? Mine did not (despite being a complete plugin kit). In my case this has created lots of interference with the radio, but no other known ill effects. This would not be a problem when the HIDs are off, as long as they didn't hurt anything permanently when they were on.