Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
I'm guessing that with an adjustable rear track bar you wouldn't need to trim the gas tank skid plate.

You bring up a good point that I didn't know about until I finally had a chance to do some good wheeling and put my Commander to the test. I didn't know there where TWO gas tank mods! I had only read about the notch that would help keep the drivers side rear upper control arm from being limited in articulation by the rear gas tank shield. Mine was one of those that was limited by the shield.

The other mod that you are referring to is the one that made a racket when traversing some terrain that I didn't think could be traversed with my XK (LOl). It also pulled down my shield and could have caused a lot more damage.

I learned the hard way about the side gas tank mod, that helps with the drive shaft hitting the shield. Here is a link to my question and photos after this happened to me, >

http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...highlight=tank

I have also picked up an adjustable rear track bar and of course have not had time to install it yet or brush off my trigonometry to try and figure out how much longer to make it to give an extra 1/4 to1/2 inch-ish at the closest point between the drive shaft and the shield.

So hopefully this will help others like my myself, that where not aware there are TWO common gas tank mods that owners have come up with..