Here's the marine-grade fusing at the battery!

30 amp on the outside is for the stereo amp - 60 amp on the inside is for the mobile. Here it is mounted up.

Antenna mount, on top of the multicarrier.

Gotta Firestik QD mount on top of the barrel - the 102" whip would be the FIRST thing to disappear, if I left it on all the time. Nice thing about this mounting - the 35" M/T completely hides the mount, when the antenna is down. I've also got a gutter mount whip tiedown mounted, for driving on the streets OR in the woods with this setup.

CRAPPY cellphone pic alert!

As for the Uniden, a neat story on that; I got it off fleaby for $75, but with no power cord or mount. No biggie - It saved me some bucks, & I had those things laying around anyways. In fact, I had a couple of hangers for some crappy outdoor speakers laying around - just bent 'em into the right shape, and then screwed it to the dash where the electric trailer brake used to be.

Cool thing about that is, it's easily removeable for storage.

I just pull the whole ashtray out, and stick it in the center console!

Got a nice little magnetic antenna for it, and ended up running the wire for that through the firewall as well.

Yeah, my truck was dead w/o a driveshaft at that time, sitting under a blackberry vine encrusted Oak tree. Good thing that paint is IMPERVIOUS - it needed a wash like you wouldn't BELIEVE when I got it rolling again.