Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
Can you take a picture of yours. Do you have any vents for the inverter to get air?
I hopefully didn't write faster than my mind can think.!. I have a factory inverter outlet in that location ( thinking at the time that perhaps the hardware, is, behind it). Mine also has two switches above that outlet for the rear seat bun warmers. I have run a few wires in that area and don't remember any vents. I'm away at work and will be glad to check if the actual inverter is behind the outlet or not. And if not, see if I can locate it. The master switch for the factory inverter is on a switch bank by the climate controls on the dash, so it may be in a different location.
This last X-Mas I picked up a 400 watt inverter to run a bunch of LED X-mas lights we put on our 1925 American La-France Fire Truck. We had it in an enclosed space and after a couple of hours it would shut off and cool down. My Dept. keep adding lights so I was never able to figure out if we overloaded it or we overheated it.. Ha...
If/ when I do install a larger inverter on mine I'll probably have to run a separate 12V power supply as the factory one appears to have an auto shut off after a pull of approx 170 watts. Sounds similar to my 12V power outlets and their 13 amp circuits. The larger inverters even start coming with their own cooling fans.
It will be next week B4 I get an opportunity to try and confirm for my "actual" inverter location. I'm hopping I'll be able to slow down enough to get some pic's posted sometime in Feb or March...