Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Sorry for taking so long on the reply. Ive been out of town. They didn't actually change the shape of the frame/unibody but twisted the area where they are mounted. Kind of hard to explain. How bout a picture:

Would have helped to have thicker steel plate behind the nuts or the factory mount plate sad to say. Mine are mounted slightly different than yours but very similar still. Just make sure to pull straight ahead with seperate straps.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Did you mount yours in the crash can? Thats where I mounted mine, thats why I was saying with the grad 8 hardware my unibody frame would have to twist to turn thees. I think I will get some steel plates maybe and re-enforce that area.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Did you mount yours in the crash can? Thats where I mounted mine, thats why I was saying with the grad 8 hardware my unibody frame would have to twist to turn thees. I think I will get some steel plates maybe and re-enforce that area.
    Just took a second look at yours and I think they are mounted the same way. A steel plate backing would keep this from twisting. It didn't change my frame's overall shape but just twisted teh metal in that local area. My other hook is straight cause it was pulled on by itself and it twisted back. I'll have to reinforce this somehow.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Thread Information