Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Activity! Adding the WK Owners.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Sounds good to me.

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    I still use the other forum since its where I got my start and have put lots into.

However, I am growing tired of it being mostly the same old questions and "reposts" of the basic concepts posted by new commander owners that post before searching or reading.

I think by the time someone starts to MOD their XK, they probably have decided to be a long term XK owner. This means they will start to use and share more advanced/useful content. PLUS they are probably the people who actually use their XK offroad and take pics and Videos of it, which is what I like about the forums and why I am here. I see this site as sort of the next level of XK owners.

I want to be out offroading, but when I can not be, seeing NEW pics and VIDs of others offroading in an XK is the next best thing!
    I hope people continue to throw the camera in the XK when they hit the trail...then post it for the rest of us!

I dont have any thing against the WK since its basically the same vehicle with a different body. It just depends on if you are looking for expanding for the future since the XK is now a discontinued classic. Do you want to keep this site a niche market for the XK, or become marketable for the future since the grand cherokee is probably gona be around for awhile. I just hope it doesnt expand to the point where this site becomes just like the other one did---lost focus on the members---which is why this one got started.....for the XK owners.
    Last edited by ped4599; 05-11-2011 at 01:59 AM.
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I agree that I don't want this forum to turn into another generic Jeep forum.... I think we can retain our "niche" status by focusing the name and main page on "XK / WK" as opposed to "Commander / Grand Cherokee". By bringing the Grand Cherokee title into the mix we're subject to the ZJ/WJ crew which will likely engulf the site since they are the most common being an older generation and SFA for wheeling.

Having sub forums for them is fine (we already do). But I think there are enough XK and WK owners out there who would work well together in expanding this site without losing focus. This can clearly be seen Just by watching some of sals vids for Camp Commander..... the WKs have a strong showing.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I agree with both of you, I LOVE my Commander and this forum is for those of us who do and take it out and use it as a real Jeep. If, and I do say if we change our format it would be my intention to stay true to our original intent and continue to promote the off road use and modification of the Commander but include the WK. I see no reason to throw open the gates and become another forum for all makes & models, most of those guys have a place butthe XK & WK are different.

Our vehcile are enough similar to share information that would help us but and at the same time grow or forum family to keep the forum viable.

Lets keep the subject open as I do not want to make a change if it wil cause us to lose our identity or members/friends.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Lets keep the subject open as I do not want to make a change if it wil cause us to lose our identity or members/friends.
    X2

I'm good with whatever the majority decides. Either way I'm a member here.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I promote the heck out of this site all over the internet. I'm actually surprised I haven't been kicked off other forums yet LOL. I like the feel of this place and the people on here. One of the things I tell people while recruiting is this is where the serious XK guys went to hang out. Or I say all the dudes doing real mods went over here. That's truly how I feel. I'm on board with whatever is good for the group here. I do think selective recruiting of WK owners would have to take place at first to establish an atmosphere before it's open to the public.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I do think selective recruiting of WK owners would have to take place at first to establish an atmosphere before it's open to the public.
    Promote away and lets see if there is even any interest on the part of WK owners.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

My friend has a wk. .... he's not on any forums, I'm gonna make him sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Promote away and lets see if there is even any interest on the part of WK owners.
    Well so far so good I PM'd you the response I got. I'll have to send some PM's to some more though.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    My friend has a wk. .... he's not on any forums, I'm gonna make him sign up.
    LOL I like that don't ask just make him do it.

Maybe hoaxci5 can fix that too, by the way were the heck are our smiley's already. psssshhht volunteers! LOL

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information