Disconnecting the front swaybars runs the risk of letting your cv joint have too great of an angle. They are only meant to operate up to a certain degree and with no swaybars the wheel can drop as far as the strut will permit it to do so possibly damaging the strut as well as well as the cv joint. Just in case a cv joint is the constant velocity joint on your front axle shafts that allows your front wheel to turn and still pull the vehicle along. As far as the rear swaybar goes it wont really hurt anything. The wheels can travel more and will not tip your vehicle into a teeter totter as easily as it would leaving it connected. I have the ome spring lift on my xk which is stiffer than stock so I never have reconnected my sway bar in the rear since taking it off the first time I hit some tehnical trails. Without stiffer spri.vs however it is pretty dangerous to drive the xk on the street too quickly with either set disconnected. That doesn't mean you can't go on the street for short distances at a slower pace so a slow trip into town with the rear disconnected shouldn't. E too dangerous as long as you are careful. I love having the rear disconnected offroad and it does offer some benefits however as hoaxci5 mentioned the xk is quite capable without removing them at all.