Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
Honestly, if you want to get into more serious rock crawling than you're doing now, you don't need to trade the XK in for a JKU. You need to make yourself an offroad beater and tow it to the trails with the XK. You're going to break stuff on the rocks, regardless of which vehicle you go with. And as you've seen (both first hand and from other members on these forums), the capabilities of a properly equipped XK are right up there with the best of the wranglers.. and will surely leave the lower end models behind on the trails.

If you want a JKU, get it.. they're great vehicles. lol just stop trying to justify it with gas mileage. JK's are a dime a dozen on the road for a reason... aftermarket is huge and everyone wants one.

oh, and have fun blending in with the rest of the crowd
It is a dime a dozen on the road and even more so here where I live every 4 is a wrangler in the parking lot LOL. After market being so huge is what makes the mods affordable. I can justify it with MPG because on good day everyone I know is killing me by 5 MPG on the same roads. When I do brake something it will be cheaper to upgrade said part. I don't want to tow anything to the trail I did consider the thought though. Stock sport wrangle sure my XK will dust one but put less work into it then I have into my XK and even I have to admit they will dust me. I might actually enjoy blending in a little bit more then always being the one stared at all the time. I don't want to go tit for tat here and bad mouth the jeep I still love to justify me getting a JKU the decision was a long thought out one that I struggled with as is.