Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knappster's Gun Locker

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    So Jon, Have you gotten your stamp for the SBR yet?

I just filed 2 form 1's last week to build a couple sbr's and the wait is already driving me crazy! It's going to be a LONG wait...

I used the new eFile system online which in theory should take maybe a month less than mailing in the paperwork and a check. With the traditional method the check usually took about a month to clear and it wasn't until the check cleared that the application status was changed to submitted/pending as I understand it. eFile took a credit card payment and immediately put my paperwork into submitted/pending.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brendon View Post
    So Jon, Have you gotten your stamp for the SBR yet?

I just filed 2 form 1's last week to build a couple sbr's and the wait is already driving me crazy! It's going to be a LONG wait...

I used the new eFile system online which in theory should take maybe a month less than mailing in the paperwork and a check. With the traditional method the check usually took about a month to clear and it wasn't until the check cleared that the application status was changed to submitted/pending as I understand it. eFile took a credit card payment and immediately put my paperwork into submitted/pending.
    No word yet, It has been an extremely long wait.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    No word yet, It has been an extremely long wait.
    In addition to closing down the last lead plant in America - the one that made lead for BULLETS - Der Kommissar Obamassar has directed the BATmen to close the Trust... "loophole"... ... so ALL Class III/NFA paperwork has slowed to a crawl, just the way the hoplophobe leftards prefer it.

My college wingman got a trust established, JUST before the BATmen closed in. That was in March, and his paperwork ain't back, either. It's a race to see which gets done first - the latest batch of work on my RC, or HIS NFA paperwork...
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

That's why I did my trust and submitted two lowers last week. I hope that nothing comes of the proposed rule change, but if something negative does, all submissions before the change *should* be grandfathered.

If you haven't done so, BATFE is seeking comments through Dec 9 for the proposed rule change. Go to http://www.regulations.gov/#!documen...2013-0001-0001 and click on the "comment now" button, upper right, and make your voices heard!

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Brendon, can you e-mail me a sample trust I can submit for my other three lowers and my silencer?
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Here is a peak at what I am working on now:

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Here is a peak at what I am working on now:

Awesome!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

I wish we could have NFA in Iowa.
    2006 XK 4.7L QTII

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Thumbs up

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

No sense in a SBR, without a can!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

If you file for NFA items via eform, looks like the wait is currently about 4-5 months versus almost about 9 months for paper. Now if only the stupid eform website would stop crashing so the store can submit my two form 4's and I can check the status on my form 1's.

What??? A government website that doesn't work?!? I'm shocked.

I forget which suppressor that is, I almost bought it but went with a Saker 556 instead.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information