Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Ultimate Jeep today - 2013

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho787 View Post
    Ended up getting the defender rack installed a few days ago. Thanks again to both pjmjr and superacerc for the roof rack.

After searching the web for awhile for a side mounted ladder, all I could find were either for Land rovers or some 200$ "specialty offroad" ladder; So I decided to break out the propane torch and make my own. Here are some pics, sorry for the crummy quality:

Looks nice, but it seems you need a ladder to reach that ladder!
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    How strong is the sheet metal in that area?

I always envisioned making a folding ladder that came down against the tire for support.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    I specifically chose the small slant right below the window because the sheet metal under that flexs to much and I wanted to be able to always leave it on. The small slant takes the pressure from the ladder without flexing and I added rubber cane stoppers to distribute the weight a bit more. It does seem a bit high up, but I use the rear tire as a step up. The ladder is really helpful when trying to rearrange stuff on the rack, as it is higher than just standing on the tailgate or tire. I figured I can also just make another small ladder and hinge it to my current one if height starts being a nuisance.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Very cool. using the tire as the first step is a good idea.

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Cool

Actually got the winter wax and detail done BEFORE the weather turned cold and rainy for a change!!!

I usually get to thinking in early September, "Hmmm... 'bout time for the winter wax." Next thing I know, it's early November, I haven't done it, and I have to do it on some day when it's damp, windly, and in the upper 40's... and then I catch a cold.

Used Maguire's Color-X and the orbital buffer on the body. Used Eagle 1 spray wax for the inner doors & inside hatch area. Armor-All'ed all the trim and waxed the windshield, since Rain-X hasn't been worth a damn in 20 years! Gotta vacuum it next time I'm at the Get-Go, but otherwise - she shines like a proof silver dollar!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    Figured I'd better take pics, before the storms tonight undo all my work!

'07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Senior Member Getting Dirty oleblue27's Avatar
    I took my double stack apart /: so now I am running just Old Man Emu struts and Springs with a coil cut off and a 2" RC spacer in the rear. Which means I am running my 34's with just a 2" lift! I have no rubbing in the rear thanks to a little trimming of the wheel well liner and some self tapping screws. The front driver side only rubs at full lock. But the passenger side is bad, but as long as I take it easy I have no rubbing. Good news is I should be ordering the superlift by the end of the month finally! So I shall be at 6" of lift.

06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights

Senior Member Getting Dirty oleblue27's Avatar
    Oh! And I also sanded and repainted my roof rails, mirrors, side molding, rear step plate and door handles! Along with some headlight restoration and the removal of the front bumper and cutting of the flares even with the turn signal to get ready for my new bumper!
    06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    The War Wagon > What did you use on your wheels ? Armor A..

Nice Job.. Looks Great.....!
    2010 Limited > 5.7 > Pearl Black > QDII > 4" Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts + 1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire/ Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders +Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear-JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oleblue27 View Post
    get ready for my new bumper!

34's on a 2" lift... Wow..
    You will like the new lift !!

Sorry If I might have missed a post.. but what bumper are you getting ?
    2010 Limited > 5.7 > Pearl Black > QDII > 4" Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts + 1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire/ Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders +Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear-JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread Information