We're probably agreeing more than we're disagreeing here..... For instance I agree that the standard shouldn't be set lower. You're looking at it like a light switch, on/off.... safe/unsafe. I'm looking at it like a dimmer switch, on---------------------off..... safe, less safe, even lesser safe.

The reason I equated your response to government mandate was because you jumped right to a seatbelt analogy which really is more of a safe/unsafe with really no in-between. For example I would say that driving without a seatbelts is unsafe, but I would not say that driving without TCS is unsafe. But I do agree that driving with TCS is safER than driving without TCS. .... lol I bet I just made Sals head explode with that sequence.....

AJ, are you against people airing their tires down for offroading if they don't have TPMS? That would be a bigger concern IMO since its more likely they'll forget to air up.... and driving with under inflated tires is without a doubt "unsafe".

And yes, risk has levels. Your posts make it seem like driving without TCS is such a high risk that death is imminent.... I guess I need to sell my Accord that the wife is using since she's at such a high risk for an accident and its all my fault cause I could have prevented it by purchasing her a newer vehicle with new advanced traction systems.