Thread: What Smart Phone are your using?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoulter View Post
    Also, if you it's been two years since you got a phone you should get $100 off a new phone if you have "New Every Two" don't forget that. It dropped my Incredible down to $100.
    I have been with Verizon for 8 years (well Alltel) but I purchased my current phone in May of 2009 so I do not get the next FREE phone until May of 2011.
    Last edited by Knappster; 10-29-2010 at 01:09 PM.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I have been with Verizon for 8 years (well Alltel) but I purchased my current phone in May of 2009 so I do not get the next FREE phone until May of 2011.
    Free??? Please share those details. I've been with them for about 15 years, when they were GTE, and have only gotten it free if the phone was $100 or less.
    Last edited by Knappster; 10-29-2010 at 01:08 PM.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    At the end of your contract they give you the choices:

1) keep your current phone and just keep paying monthly with no contract

2) Buy any phone you want on their system without a contract

3) get a much better phone free by renewing your contract.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

I've never been offered a free phone unless the "New every two " $100 credit brought the price down far enough. I'm pretty sure Verizon won't give you any phone for free, just the "dumbphones".

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    some phones are free with a contract. Most of the smart phones will cost you at least $100 with a contract and considering they are very expensive this is a good deal mine with out a contract is $800

The newest smart phones probably won't be free but will be at a reduced rate.

I'm on Sprint and I'm going to get the HTC EVO very soon. It retails for around $550 and I can get it for $200 because I've had my current phone for about 2 years.

Microsoft is coming out with their new Windows Mobile Phone in the next couple of weeks. But it won't be available for Sprint for another 6 months.
    2007 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Rusty's 2" lift, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, GetLost4x4's front hitch mount for portable winch.GY Duratracs 265/70R17s, Rola Roof Rack.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt DDDonkey's Avatar
    I have the Moto Droid X and really like it. I had the droid 1 and it was good but the 'X' is faster and has more memory. I can also use it as a wifi hot spot when I am camping or TDY.
    4.7 with QDII, rocky mountain edition

Thread Information