Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fender Flares (The Continuation)

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    What kind of flares are you looking for? Cut out flares to fit a larger tire?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Junior Member Looking for Dirt OurJeepLife's Avatar
    I was looking for something along the lines of the slim line flares GM has on their vehicles.. Yet I need to allow for others like many here who are lifting and allowing for larger tires. All indications point to a creation of the slim line types flares then a progressive increments of 3/4'' - 4'' widths.. Depending on the design. For my Jeep?.. Just the slim line would be enough..

I think why I'm so determined to see this through is because companies like Bushwacker and warn (who make flares for other vehicles) have shot me down sever times. its like someone has told you "No that can't be done" or "No you can't do it" makes me even more determined to see this through.

Sure make take me thousands of dollars etc to see this jell. But even if I sell one flare (to myself) it would be worth it cause I helped create it, Of course with the help of my cousins mold injection company.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I understand the draw to create something and overcome obstacles, but if you don't see a ROI, it is just foolhardy. If you got money to burn in R&D, do it on something that has a (better) chance of financial payoff .... or donate it to a worthy charity.
    2007 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Rusty's 2" lift, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, GetLost4x4's front hitch mount for portable winch.GY Duratracs 265/70R17s, Rola Roof Rack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information