Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Name (URL) / Getting Found by search engines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I have to get into the search engines, it is like getting into the phone book. It takes time before the spiders start to recognize key words in your form or META tags, it will happen over time but it is slow when you do not have a lot of hits and very few posts.
    have you submitted it to search engines? i would the top 10
    if you put a link to my website, I will put one on mine. The more the merrier. and you dont have to advertise....just bury a link. or better yet, start a section where people can put thier websites. you may have to clean it up on occasion.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    We definately need to get the word out.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    even searching for XK forum the site don't show up. But yes we need to make it identifiable to people searching. A few short months ago if i searched Jeep Commander and saw XK forum I would not have clicked on it because I would not have known what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    even searching for XK forum the site don't show up. But yes we need to make it identifiable to people searching. A few short months ago if i searched Jeep Commander and saw XK forum I would not have clicked on it because I would not have known what it was.
    On BING search, it is the third one from the top if you type in "xk forum" and run a search, a few links or something would probably come in handy.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Google and yahoo do not have it yet. and non of them have it just searching jeep commander. So I started searching in general I made two searches on google 1. Jeep Commander ARB lockers. 2. Jeep commander rage roof basket. Both searches pulled my threads from jeepcommnder.com as first on the list. Bing nothing for search 1 search 2 pulled a post with the info from my signature in a thread I posted in. Yahoo about the same as google except it was a little off on 2 but still pulled from jeepcommander.com I think it will take a while for the search spiders to catch up and start listing this site more.
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 06-24-2010 at 10:34 PM.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    have you submitted it to search engines? i would the top 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerslave1966 View Post
    On BING search, it is the third one from the top if you type in "xk forum" and run a search, a few links or something would probably come in handy.
    I did the top ten but was told it can take about six weeks to get listed, kind of like putting your name in a phone book.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Just typed in "XK Forum" on the Bing search engine and came up as the #2 hit

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Just typed in "XK Forum" on the Bing search engine and came up as the #2 hit
    Thats cool and all but not a lot of people know the Commander is an XK. So they would never think to type in XK forum in the search engine. Most people would search for " Jeep Commander Forums" or something similar. When you type that into any search engine, jeepcommander.com is #1 on the list. Another thing, I have never heard of bing prior to it being mentioned on this site. Most people use google, yahoo or something similar. Just something to think about. Theres got to be something else we can do to make this site pop up when you do a normal search.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    ......I have never heard of bing prior to it being mentioned on this site. Most people use google, yahoo or something similar. ......
    Google is number 1. Bing is #2 and Yahoo #3. Google has 2 times as many hits as the other 2.
    If you haven't yet, include " xk jeep commander" in all of the meta name fields.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    if you put a link to my website, I will put one on mine. The more the merrier. and you dont have to advertise....just bury a link. or better yet, start a section where people can put thier websites. you may have to clean it up on occasion.
    Not sure I understand, please tell me more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information