Thread: Holaday07 4.7 Garage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    Thanks Guys!

Between the new 255.75.17s (which measure almost 33 inches mounted) and the front end sag I cant wheel the XK at all. Hell I can barely take it off a curb too fast and it gets into everything.

Can I just run the OME front springs?or do I need to get their struts too? I think the rear is fine as well, and I am putting in air bags for when I tow with it.

Appreciate any advice
    What 255/75R17 tires do you have that measure 33 inches? A 255/75R17 is 32 inches tall
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    What 255/75R17 tires do you have that measure 33 inches? A 255/75R17 is 32 inches tall
    Kenda Klever M/Ts. I have to admit I was a little shocked to say the least.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Traded in the Commander yesterday for this.

It was an awesome Jeep but we just needed to be able to tow more. The trans was starting to slip and the dash never recovered from my wife leaving the sunroof open during a huge rainstorm. Thanks for all the help over the past couple years!
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    NICE!!! That'll definitely get the job done!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    NICE!!! That'll definitely get the job done!
    Hope so. My wife cried when we traded in the Commander though. Wish we could have kept it too

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Thats what im hoping to be able to do in a few more years. Definitely need a vehicle with more room. But we have our XK and old beater accord payed off already. Once at least one of the kids are done with daycare im hoping we can add a burb or yukon xl to the lineup.

The trans and water damage problems kind of forced our hand on this one. We were going to get the Yukon XL, but they gave us a hell of a deal. I think the dealer wanted it off the VW lot. I still drive an Altima with 200k on her. Happy wife happy life I hear

Thread Information