Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Lift & 4xG sliders?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    UNLESS............. sal, where's that thread on removing the doors?????
    See another good reason for removing your doors

Seriously though to many products being sold to us are not tested properly or not tested at all. I can find no pics or videos of the 4xG sliders being used as lifting points at all. I guess the testing is up to people like us to do which sucks because we have to purchase the product and test them out so no one else gets ripped off talk about taking one for the team. We should start a thread of product tests or maybe a section dedicated to testing and reviewing products. I can vouch for the SA sliders of course and the 4xG belly guard and front guard to some extent. I'd love to see someone slam there 4xG sliders down with the full weight of the XK.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I'd love to see someone slam there 4xG sliders down with the full weight of the XK.
    Done that with the WH. Dropped around 4ft down rock face onto another boulder, contacted directly on the leading edge of the LHS slider. Guard and door bent up at bottom, pulled pinchweld across. We are modifying the angle bracket with some extra steel to tie it to the subframe to strengthen it up. They work fine, but not enough for what i do. The Sliders that CRDSTU sells down here have a tube outer similar to the SA ones as well. Mine are getting the outer tube treatment and we are also making some brush guards and tieing those to the Saguaro front bar to protect the guards.

I know with my 4xguard slider i can use my hilift on any of the spots and it gets within 1/2" of the door.

Dave

PS ive had to move to a 60" hilift now, with the notches on the Saguaro rear bar the 48" wouldn't get it off the ground!
    Last edited by valpacer; 12-31-2011 at 03:13 AM.
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

4' is a long way down did your tires hit first? Have a video?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Would like to see some pics of that.... needs a helluva lot of force to tear that pinch weld.

Should probably get a new thread started for the slider discussion... lol actually, sal, maybe change this thread title to "My 4XG Sliders are useless for Hi-lift jacking"

LOL that's funny but I changed it!

Lol there no question mark needed in this title, they don't work unless you don't mind imminent body damage.

I'm taking Adondos advice and going with an xjack. .. and ill just keep on using my scissor jack on base I made (2 4x4s cut 8" long and screwed together).

A creased/dented/scratched door costs a lot more than the difference in price between a hi-lift and xjack. I'm looking forward to testing one out and reviewing it.

Senior Member Getting Dirty 06blkhemi's Avatar
    4' is a huge drop! I would bet sals bar would hold up about the same as the 4xg one on that kind of drop?!
    06 Hemi Limited,black,QD2,elsd,loaded minus back up camera,OEM hitch with 7pin harness. RC 2"lift,BFG Rugged Terrains 265x70x17(31.7"),1 3/4" Rugged ridge wheel spacers(front), 4xguard Matrix Pushbar and Grill Hoop,4xguard rockrail/sliders,4xGuard 12 bolt diff guard,6"Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Haha, no vid

It was a perfect drop, the tyre missed it by an inch. It was at cruiser park, there was a part of the canyon that was still apparently undrivable since the floods - well so said the fellas in the big landcruisers. We made it through, and where this happened i was up on a large single rock face (about a 30deg side slope with many little streams coming though it) with many boulders at the bottom, I had to drive high up on the slope to get around the rocks and didnt quite make it, slid down and hey presto!

You can see here where its pushed into the sill.

The guard popped back out, but the bottom of the door is bent. Once we unbolted the slider it went back to shape, then retensioned it all up. Its actually bent the slider about 5mm.

As I said before, I dont think in normal driving i could do this, but I dont drive normal

Dave
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Oh i see... so it was more of a lateral hit that pushed it inwards. All things considered, imagine what the damage would have been like without any protection!

Senior Member Getting Dirty 06blkhemi's Avatar
    I was thinking the same thing Matt!
    06 Hemi Limited,black,QD2,elsd,loaded minus back up camera,OEM hitch with 7pin harness. RC 2"lift,BFG Rugged Terrains 265x70x17(31.7"),1 3/4" Rugged ridge wheel spacers(front), 4xguard Matrix Pushbar and Grill Hoop,4xguard rockrail/sliders,4xGuard 12 bolt diff guard,6"Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information