Thread: Anyone watch "One Car Too Far"?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Having tools is a struggle? Na... The tool box I bring with me to RC has enough supplies to completely take apart the front suspension. Actually performing the work is also trivial (for an expert anyways... which that guy is supposed to be).

But like said, there's no suspense in "oh crap we busted an axle, but its ok let me pull out these few tools and i'll have us going again in 45 minutes".
    Well... unfortunately, mechanical failure is not limited to suspension components, and not everything is defaulted to 45 mins. This show is entertaining for you, and that's cool. But this isn't it for me. I'm more interested in the repair and go.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Ok so after reading the posts/rants about the show I decided to give a go and watch it. I caught one off youtube where they are in the rainforest and honestly the shows not that bad. This Jeep "expert" is annoying and in my opinion no more of an "expert" than I and has no balls, but part of his job on the show is show suspense. The survival expert guy Ive got no beef with. I do feel the show is mapped out else these guys would have no shot but I do find it entertaining. I guess cause watching any Jeep off road to me is entertaining and make get the urge to go wheeling. I get everyones points about not having parts, not being an expert etc. I think criticizing it from our point of view and you experts point of view are different than those of the people who dont wheel and arent expert might enjoy. I will be watching more episodes to get some laughs when there is nothing else on..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Well... unfortunately, mechanical failure is not limited to suspension components, and not everything is defaulted to 45 mins. This show is entertaining for you, and that's cool. But this isn't it for me. I'm more interested in the repair and go.
    You're taking my post too literally and not seeing the big picture. lol this show "isn't for me", and neither is the "repair and go"

Thread Information