Thread: Exporting Commander bumpers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Wow.....those prices are extremely high. I believe Getlost was selling his front bumper for around a grand.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 10-05-2010 at 12:25 PM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Wow.....those prices are extremely high. I believe Getlost was selling his front bumper for around a grand.
    That is also twice the price of a Stone Soup Metal Works bumper but it does provide an option for those who want something different
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Id love to have those bumpers, but not at that price. By the time you figure in shipping you could have bought a 4 inch Superlift and new tires.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

They are a bit pricy but the are the best looking bumbers out threre , I think and they are very strong. Cause in SA we have to make sure that they are air bag proof. I have once bumped the full wieght of the Commander on the front bumber while comming down a obstical and it did not eaven moove.
    |________0000_
    l[__][__][_\\____\___
    l-- ________--|[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)---------(o)_)-0-)_)
    I work off shore so that I can play Off road..lol

Senior Member Getting Dirty Doc in AZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrie View Post
    They are a bit pricy but the are the best looking bumbers out threre , I think and they are very strong. Cause in SA we have to make sure that they are air bag proof. I have once bumped the full wieght of the Commander on the front bumber while comming down a obstical and it did not eaven moove.
    wow, i'm almost insulted by this... you aren't even a sponsoring vendor & you are talking trash about about my work... but at least my work is affordable.
    Stone Soup Metal Works, L.L.C.
    623.939.WELD
    5037 N. 54th Ave - Suite #5 85301
    Residential - Commercial - Automotive
    See our work on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Thats a cool tool you have there...

Exactly. That's kind of messed up to say that. I highly doubt that your going to sell those bumpers for that price regardless. Doc can build us front and rear bumpers for probablly the same price as the cost of one bumper to include shipping to the U.S.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I have to say I love the look of your XK those bumpers are really nice. I do have to agree that the price is a little unrealistic for someone like me as well. I can't see justifying twice the price over what we can get here especially since functionality is the most important part then price then looks bringing up the rear. I think to get some action on these the price needs to come way down especially considering the shipping costs and then the logistics if there is a problem with the bumpers. You also need to give some background on the bumpers who makes them how there made. I mean Doc's experience is an open book for anyone to read about and its pretty impressive as well. If he says it will hold up it will hold up and based on his reputation and experience I trust him to build a solid product. To drop in with a product and give no info on them at almost twice the price I am not surprised by the guys reaction.

I have seen the SA bumpers before and they look very nice, a little too Ralley but very nice. But, unfortunately, for the money to bring them in, you could buy another 4x4 to use on the trails.

Doc, I checked your facebook and the bumper turned out very nice...have you done a front one yet? Are these something you can make again for other Commander guys? How much? any chance of shipping to Canada?
    '07, 4.7L, QTII, 2" lift, T-boddy spacer, flowmaster 40, HID's, CB, JVC nav/DVD, 245/75/17 Wrangler Territory's, Superchips, 6' roofrack with 8 lights, LTD grab handles, rear storage compartment, chassis rock lights, clinometer, yadda, yadda, yadda

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    While I agree with some of the facts posted here, I am a little suprised at the tone of this thread. If someone thinks they have a better looking product, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and only an opinion. Everyone is entitled to theirs, and this forum is a great place for them to trumpet it to the world.

Debating the merits of manufacturing methods, engineering types, options, and overall quality are healthy things and lead to improvements and better products for us all. The tone of some of the above posts is worrisome to me though that we may, as a community, be heading into a "my way is the only right way" perspective. I love that we have an open forum, with many different opinions, and Arrie is someone who has a lot of great information to share. Arrie also has a vastly different perspective than many of us do, based on being out of country and in a desert area unlike most of the U.S. (Yes, I know some of us on the forum live in the desert, but many do not.)

When I bought my XK and found the "other forum" that many of us started on, continuing on into Knappster's Ultimate XK Forum, I have been treated to perspectives and experience I would have no other way to access. How else would I hear about what XK owners on the other side of the planet think is cool?
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    Very well said, my friend.

As I noted above, how Arrie and co. price, design, or even advertise their product is their business. Let's all just be glad other folks out there are trying to promote these vehicles as the off-road beasts they are. That's good for everyone, I should think.
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

Thread Information